What is workmen’s compensation?
Workers’ compensation is a corporate form of insurance that provides wage replacement and medical benefits to employees who are injured at work.
Workmen’s Compensation acts as a waiver for the employee’s right to sue his or her employer in the event of negligence.
Does Workmen’s Compensation it apply to you?
The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act applies to:
– All employers and workers (casual and full-time), who are injured, disabled, become ill or are killed as a result of a workplace injury.
This does not include:
– Domestic workers
– Workers who are in military training
– Members of the National Defence Force/ South African Police Service
– Workers who are partially disabled for less than three days.
– Workers who are employed outside of South Africa for more than 12 continuous months.
– Anybody guilty of wilful misconduct (unless disabled or killed).
How do I submit my Annual Return of Earnings (ROE) to the Compensation Fund?